Friday, February 6, 2009

Two More Books!

I have given up on putting pictures on my blog entries for now, maybe if I end up with a whole chunk of extra time and nothing to do with it, then I'll go back and add pictures like I'd been doing before! So, instead the title in all caps on it's own line will have to do for now! First off, a children's book that I loved and am about to return to the library is... drum roll please.....

GIRAFFE'S CAN'T DANCE by GILES ANDREAE

This is a whimsical little rhyming tale of jungle animals and one giraffe who learns that we all can dance if we just find the right music. It is a tale of overcoming adversity and has a wonderful take home message about appreciating our differences. All the animals doing different kinds of dances was enough to keep my toddler thoroughly entertained!

On a more adult note, I just finished reading...

THE SECRET by RHONDA BYRNE

Now, I have to confess that I was skeptical of this book at first. To be honest the first time I saw or heard of it was when Paris Hilton was parading around proclaiming this book to be at the top of her jailbird reading list. Not that I have a problem with Paris, by all means, she has accomplished many things, but I don't think that taking a cue from her reading list was a top priority. Plus, it looked like some sort of a trashy romance novel to me. Fast forward a while until my Mom recommended it to me. All of a sudden I thought it wouldn't be such a bad one to check out, for the record, my Mom doesn't read trashy romances so I knew I was safe. I read the Secret and loved it. I have employed the secret in my own life, I have found a lucky parking space, managed to keep my home clean, lost a couple of pounds, felt wonderful about myself and in general have found that taking time to focus my energy and attract positive events in my life has proved to make living a little more fun. Not to say that I never start to get bogged down, but when I do I am trying to just take a time out, refocus my energy, and visualize outcomes in the way that I would like them to happen. So far, so good. I would recommend this book, in fact I think it is one that would be a good one to own as a reference to remind me about the power of self and the importance of positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment